There is no specific definition of art. It’s an individual perspective that makes one portrait beautiful. No painting can be beautiful or ugly. Just like the camera captures one image on its roll, in a similar way a person captures an image in its eyes and pours it out with colors. whether it is black or white or filled with various colors doesn’t matter.
It’s the thought which counts. It is said that a picture speaks a thousand words. A single image has many different approaches. An artist who makes the image and a person who conceives it.I am no professional artist. When I began sketching, I was merely a student who completed her tenth standard and was looking for something to pass time or rather to spend time productively during my vacation.
Initially, when u start the basics of it, it might get a bit monotonous or in a simple language boring as you’re a rookie. But with time, when you actually get the grip of it, you start enjoying. Some people are a prodigy at it and some practice it to make it perfect.
I was no prodigy so every image was a challenge to me. There is no easy image or hard. And there is no same image. Every single person is an artist. There is nothing which practice cannot make you do. It is not your pencils which make a sketch beautiful but your approach towards, your determination, your skills.
In my personal experience, as an artist who has been making and learning a different form of sketches from the past 5 years, nothing can compare to the feeling you get when you complete one of your sketches. A sense of accomplishment and appreciation from your friends, family and even strangers is impeccable. Sense of making something new makes you driven. Inspiration is what you need to create something unique on paper.
for me, sketching is a hobby, not a profession and I know that I will never be able to take it as occupation as I don’t really have the heart to sell it. I pick up my pencils when I am bored or fill like making something. Or when I am tired of my daily routine life and want something different. It is not something which I can do day and night. But for everyone it’s different.
Every time when I pick my pencil I want to create something which is different from all my previous sketches, something which is different from every other sketch on the planet. I want to add something of my own to make it look apart from others. It’s not the competition that drives me but my willingness to create something of my own.
When I look at my past sketches I feel accomplished, satisfied. It makes me remember how I started with this art and my journey till far. It also drives me make more. To learn more. To experiment more.
To try something different. To put my hands on different kinds of mediums of sketching. Every medium has its own specialty and uniqueness. It’s you who can decide which medium you like best but that should not make you run away from other sources of art. Unless you try, you can never feel fully satisfied. Everyone has the skill to be an artist who can sketch or paint. Its motivation and inspiration that you need to cultivate your skills to produce something which makes you work look apart from others. And even if your work is no different, it doesn’t matter because you don’t sketch to make others happy but to accomplish something of your own.
- Nupur Parasrampuria
Terms and Conditions: Participant
- Please read Terms and Conditions of the Organisers (if any) under Organiser TnC in this post. In case of any common TnC, Organiser TnC’s will hold precedence.
- Site wide Terms and Conditions can be read here
- Skilltivate merely acts as a marketing and ticketing partner to all organisers on their platform. Skilltivate plays no role in organising (unless otherwise mentioned) of the workshop, venue, content, materials etc. Any act, mishap, dispute of the participant/organiser with respect to the overall conduct of the workshop/course, its content, materials etc. is between them, and Skilltivate holds no responsibility or liability toward the same.
- Tickets once purchased are refundable subject to terms mentioned in the Refunds and Cancellation Section of the site.
- If you wish to cancel your participation for the event, please inform at least 48 hours prior. No refunds will be provided for any cancellations within 48 hours of the workshop.
- Skilltivate is not responsible for any damages/losses that you may incur at the workshop/venue.
- We reserve the right to change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances prior to the workshop. You will be notified for the same via email/WhatsApp/phone.
- Please make sure to be on time. The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to a latecomer. No refund would be provided for such a situation.
- You may cancel your participation for a course/workshop 7 days prior to the commencement of the course/workshop to be entitled for a fill refund (after deducting Bank Charges).
- If you cancel your participation within 7 days of commencement of the course/workshop, the refunds will be provided at the discretion of the Organiser (including your liabilities towards Skilltivate). This is done to prevent our Organisers from running courses/workshops without the required minimum number of students.
- You may cancel your order for dispatch of a particular product, before the shipment has been initiated. In case if the shipment has been initiated, you will be liable towards packaging and shipment charges
- We will provide full refunds in case a product reaches to you either damaged or not as per the description of the product as mentioned on the website. You are advised to check the condition of the product on receipt and in case of any damages, inform the delivery personnel immediately.
- Since the nature of the products sold on the site are of “Custom make” or “Make to Order” or are not mass produced, but made by local artisans and small mom and pop shops, we will not be able to accept any returns in any other case.